Job Type: Permanent
An opportunity to join a young dynamic team in a fast paced and fun environment. We’re looking for a team player who loves being of service and producing exceptional quality work.
What does a SQL Developer do?
An SQL developer is an integral part of the development team, writes and optimizes SQL statements for data access and retention, performs regular database management duties including backups and audits to ensure that SQL databases remain accessible, secure, and stable. The role requires a team player as there will be daily interaction with other developers, data analysts and a business intelligence team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop SQL Databases (design and create tables, stored procedures, triggers, views)
- Design, code and maintain new and existing complex T-SQL stored procedures, triggers and functions
- Write SQL queries (to sort, retrieve, store and manipulate data)
- Assist in the maintenance and administration of several production SQL Server database servers
- Database troubleshooting and optimisation
- Performance tune existing stored procedures, tables, triggers and indexes
- Work with other engineers to troubleshoot, repair and performance tune databases
- Gather and implement requirements
What kind of personality will excel in this role?
Someone who is a complete team player, who cares about the quality in which you produce your work. Your strong ability, maturity, razor-focused and passion for your job will see you highly successful within our space.
To apply for this position, please email us at SSQLD02@rubiblue.co.za