Job Level: Senior
Job Type: Permanent
What are we looking for
The RubiBlue Project Manager is a highly professional, experienced person who has the overall responsibility for the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of a project.
What does a Project Manager do?
A project manager is responsible for making decisions, both large and small. The project manager should make sure they control risk and minimise uncertainty. Every decision the project manager makes must directly benefit their project. You must have a combination of skills, including an ability to ask penetrating questions, detect unstated assumptions and resolve conflicts. Key among a project manager’s duties is the recognition that risk directly impacts the likelihood of success and that this risk must be both formally and informally measured throughout the lifetime of a project.
What experience is preferred?
A minimum of 5 years work experience in project management.
What kind of personality will excel in this role?
Someone that is a strong person who provides the substance that holds the team together in a common purpose toward the right objective. Excellent communication skills, the ability to remain calm under pressure, superlative problem solving skills, passionate and has an ability to delegate tasks, will see you thrive in this position.
- Planning and Defining Scope
- Assembling and leading the right team
- Activity Planning and Sequencing
- Resource Planning
- Developing Schedules
- Time Estimating and Management
- Cost Estimating
- Developing a Budget
- Creating Charts and Schedules
- Managing Risks and Issues
- Monitoring and Reporting Progress
- Team Leadership
- Strategic Influencing
- Business Partnering
- Working with Vendors
- Scalability, Interoperability and Portability Analysis
- Controlling Quality
- Benefits Realisation
- Working closely with the Sales, Saas Support and Development teams
- Initiate meetings with key stakeholders to track progression, manage expectations & ensure clients’ needs are met all-around
- Implementation of operational strategies and procedures to improve company processes
- Chair client and project meetings and distribute minutes to all team members.
- Understanding the business requirement to facilitate the definition of the scope, objective, deliverables, time frames and costs and sign-off
- Creation of an effective project plan in Self Modified Excel format and Microsoft Projects.
- Ensuring that the scope definition is signed-off by all Directors
- Creation of a detailed work-breakdown structure with activity sequence detail and estimated duration per task definition. Identify resources required from each department for specific projects.
- Baseline the scope of schedule development with traceable durations around deliverables. Document and update project checkpoints to track progress (Gantt charts).
- Create and maintain a clear and effective communication plan by leading weekly progress meeting and providing meeting minutes, issue logs and change requests. Provide information and updates to stakeholders throughout project life cycle e.g. status reports. Follow up with clients and stakeholders to ensure project delivery and to ensure needs were met.
- Enforcing best practice standards and quality assurance.
- Perform project meetings and reporting feedback to stakeholders as part of the effective communication control
- Manage, mentor and assists business analysts.
- Perform a project post closure report with a checklist of all deliverables, issues, changes and handover
- Documentation to application support and project sign-off
- Go to person for New developments on all products that have been approved to take forward.